Show students that even "regular" people can make an impact by using their imagination and resources for good
The lessons are designed for a wide range of students from elementary to middle school. Teach them in your own voice, or share the videos directly with your students!
Your Students Will Learn:
- The Engineering Design Process
- Empathy and social-emotional learning while understanding limb differences.
- How to create a prototype of a prosthetic hand by utilizing design thinking and creativity
- How to connect prosthetic prototyping to anatomy and biology learning goals
- The simple machines found within the human body
- To use analogous thinking to make cross-curricular connections
We’ve broken down this series of lessons or challenges into seven parts:
- Engineering Design Process
- Using Tech For Good
- What is a Limb Difference?
- Getting to Know e-NABLE
- Understanding Our Anatomy
- Simple Machines and the Human Body
- Prototyping Your Prosthesis