In this course we will share our unique approach to design thinking, introduce a variety of specific activities, and cover practical ways to bring this thinking into your classroom through your morning routine, passion projects, and genius hour.
- Reflect on ways to implement a mindset shift in your teaching.
- Engage in discussions on the value of making in education.
- Understand a new approach to the design cycle that allows for various entry points as it applies to classroom activities and engagements.
- Gain practical ways to apply design thinking.
What You'll Get:
- Immediately applicable lessons and activities
- Become part of a network of teachers working to implement this learning in their classrooms
- After completing the interactions throughout the course to demonstrate your learning outcomes, three (3) ISBE state-approved professional development hours (PDH's) will be provided by IDEA.