This course will introduce students to circuits as they use various electronic components combined with textiles to assist in the creation/modification of smart clothes.
Students will be able to express themselves through a combination of engineering and art while learning many new skills; from sewing and making to electronics.
This course will give students a basic understanding of soft circuits through a project. Students can then carry that understanding into the creation of additional projects and activities.
What you'll get:
- 1 Wearables & Soft Computing Kit for the teacher
*You can purchase additional kits for students at $35 each. There may be an additional cost for shipments outside of IL.
- Comprehensive Lessons to Engage Students in Wearable Electronics Projects
- Foundational understanding in basics of electronics and soft circuits
- Guidance to create your own “smart” wearable, plushie, or other fabric object. (i.e. a shirt with blinking LEDs, felt monster with light up eyes, etc.)
- Three (3) ISBE state-approved professional development hours (PDH's) will be provided by IDEA