Created in collaboration with e-NABLE, this course engages teachers in powerful professional development that enables them to engage learners in empathy, problem-solving, and skill building as students learn about limb differences, anatomy, 3D printing, and assembling prosthetic hands.
- Understand how to address limb differences with students.
- Gain practical tools and activities to help students use empathy to understand limb differences.
- Connect prosthetic printing work to anatomy and biology learning goals.
- Guide students through the creation of a prosthetic hand prototype.
- Engage students in comparing and contrasting hand anatomy to that of their prototype/3D printed version.
- Facilitate students in the printing and assembly of a 3D printed hand.
- Empower students to see how they can use their resources to make an impact for others.
What You'll Get
- Immediately applicable lessons and activities
- Access to our comprehensive curriculum with extensive information on tools, techniques, activities, and projects
- Become part of a network of teachers working to implement this learning in their classrooms